Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Surgery Posting


I still can’t believe that I’m already a fifth year medical student. Or maybe I still can’t accept that I’m getting older and yet still unmarried and not having children? Hey, that’s not me, actually it’s true that I have this feeling of worry inside me p2eviously when looking one by one of mi friends get Married. But after attending the marriage course during my elective posting last month, I became more understand the concept of marriage and no longer have this sense of insecure or worry of ‘andalusia’. I’ve learned that good husbands are for good wives (though we may not see all, in this real world, Wallahu a’alam), and we just need to be the best to get the best, right? Phew, words are easier than act I suppose.

Alright then, enough Of this marriage matters, I don’t know why I started in this issue coz my first intention is to tell on how I felt to have the SURGERY as my first 5th year posting. I had a bad memory and moments during my 3rd year surgical posting I may say and I don’t think I need to recall them. Forget the bad memories and create a nice one… Well, I always afraid of the surgeon previously but I Think I may change my perception on surgeon this time, maybe I gained some maturitY during My elective posting, he. When was watching television while at home, I watched this very inspirational movie named ‘Spelling the Bee’ at astro. And I found that this poem read by the girl is very self-motivating for me, who always afraid of unnecessary things. Here is the poem and I edited some line as not agree with the original one (child creation):

Our Greatest Fear

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a creation of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world.

There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other

people won't feel insecure around you.

We were born to make manifest the glory of
God that is within us.

It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear,
Our presence automatically liberates others.

—Marianne Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment