Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I'm a Doctor, can u believe it?

Prof Naznin (our head of academic affairs) entered the lecture room, which are filled with eager and anxious medical students, waiting for the grand finale results of 8th batch final professional exam. She decided to call only the names who pass, as she read the list one by one, then turned into next page and then next page, my heart pumped fast and I became more nervous...what if my name won't be called? what if I fail?Then my name was called...Alhamdulillah...Alhamdulillah...I uttered that grateful and thankful words many times cause I know I won't get here if not from His blessings and guidance.
Within minutes, the room was filled with laughter and crying from the students. Everyone started to make a phone call to their parents and loved ones.

But then, there are still people who cried and sad for our other friends who didn't being called. I won't say they are failures but their joy of success just being held for another 6 months, after all they will still going to be doctors...They must having a very tough time though but Allah chose them to face this trial of life, so they must be very special in a way. Alllah stated in the Holy Qur'an:
"Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope..." (Al-Baqarah: 286)


Then we have our 'special' oath taking ceremon: Muslim Oath Physician. It was a memorable moment and remind me who I am supposed to be, my responsibilities and the Islam name that I will carry as I am a graduate of International Islamic University of Malaysia. I know, people out there have high expectations from us.



After having interview session for our job, we had our Annual Grand Dinner at Swiss Garden Hotel. I pitied to some of my friends who are working very hard for this program coz supposed they should be enjoying that night and attend as guests, not busy committee members...huh that's what happened when we are too nice. By the way I think we all had a good time in the end.

And now what? It has been 2 weeks away since my last day in Kuantan Campus, IIUM. What a memory I had.I'll miss:

My spectacles coz I had my LASIK done at ophthalmology clinic (Thanks to Dr khairidzan, Kak Linda, and the staff members), my friends' cars coz I won't get a ride with them after this as I need to drive my own car,he, the mahallat al-Zahrawi/Maimunah, and my 5 years room stay (the place I escape from tiring days...). And not to forgot my dearest friends and lecturers. Because they are so special, I will write about them on another special edition :)





Now I don't have to think on how would I get back to Kuantan (by bus or get a ride with some of my friends), I am no longer need to think on exams, attending lectures and preparing seminars etc. As a medical graduate, I don't have to be afraid of finding job coz we are the only course which already have job waiting even before we graduate. But there are something which afraid me, how should I face the outside world then as a doctor, without my lecturers to guide/scold me, without my books or notes...people expect a doctor to know EVERYTHING, and that really makes me creepy. I'm not a perfect and most intelligent person, I just want to be a SAFE and RELIABLE doctor....and I know this journey will take much further than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment