Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Pumpkin Pie


Because my holiday is going to end, I will not hesitate to put some of my favorite recipes that I've tried throughout my 1 month holiday after finished medical school. Mostly it involved baking coz I like to bake!

This recipe of Pumpkin Pie was actually given by my mother's friend who learned it while she was studying in US. So here are the things u need to have:

Pastry:
  • 2 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 butter cup (250g)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3 tablespoon cold water/ice cubes

Mix all the ingredients and then put in refrigerator for awhile

Pie:
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground gloves
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 6 eggs
  • 2 cups of milk (fresh and evaporate)
  • 2 cups of pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup of melted butter

Steam the whole pumpkin (unpeeled) first and then take out the puree
Mix well all the ingredients and then put inside the pastry, no need topping.

Pumpkin pie may be not as famous as apple pie and not sound as delicious too but trust me, the taste is YUMMIE :)

1 comment: