Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It has been quite some times...


It took almost few months since my last update in this blog. Maybe I'm too pre-occupied with my clinical days of Internal Medicine and Obstetric and Gynaecology...Many things happened actually that taught me lessons on life.


I've had this feeling of restless and tremors lately.. diagnosis? anxiety attack (possible coz Professional exam is around the corner)/ thyrotoxicosis (I'm not gaining weight instead of my good appetite)/neurological disorder (idiopathic). But then I remembered on one article I read in my e-mail on caffein and caseinated milk in 3in1 nescafe side effects twd our body system.


Casein (from Latin caseus "cheese") is the predominant phosphoprotein (αS1, αS2, β, κ) that accounts for nearly 80% of proteins in cow milk and cheese. A study of Charité Hospital in Berlin showed that adding milk to tea will block some of the normal, healthful effects that tea has in protecting against cardiovascular disease (Lorenz 2007). It does this because casein from the milk binds to the molecules in tea that cause the arteries to relax, especially a catechin molecule called EGCG. One of the researchers told New Scientist magazine that "[i]t probably also blocks tea's effect on other things, such as cancer."[5] However a similar study by Reddy et al. (2005) suggests that the addition of milk to tea does not alter the antioxidant activity in vivo[6] and the cardiovascular effect remains controversial... (source: WIKIPEDIA)


I hope I'm in a good health condition, and not having those serious illness..gotta review my diet intake, not 'belasah' je...

No comments:

Post a Comment